Making one person in every family digitally literate is one of the integral components of the Prime Minister 's vision of “Digital India”. The Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (DISHA) or National Digital Literacy Mission (NDLM) Scheme has been formulated to impart IT training to 52.5 lakh persons, including Anganwadi and ASHA workers and authorised ration dealers in all the States/UTs across the country so that the non-IT literate citizens are trained to become IT literate so as to enable them to actively and effectively participate in the democratic and developmental process and also enhance their livelihood.
CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle (CSC SPV) is strategically positioned to implement the Scheme for IT Mass Literacy and hence has been appointed as the PMU for the smooth implementation and monitoring of the Scheme across the country.
Two phases to train beneficieries , Below detail is of Level 1 course and Level 2 course will come after the completion of Level 1 course: To make a person IT literate, so that he/ she can operate digital devices, like mobile phones, tablets, etc., send and receive emails and search Internet for information, etc.
Level 1 : Non-IT literate - Illiterate and up to 7th standard pass
Age : 14 to 60 years
Course Duration: 20 Hours (Minimum 10 Days and Maximum 30 Days)
Medium of Instruction: Official Languages of India
Fee : For SC/ ST/ BPL Households, no training fee payable and for General candidates, course fee of Rs. 125 applicable.
Place of Learning: The eligible households can nominate one person from their family. The selected person to get himself enrolled under this programme in a nearest Training Centre/ Common Service Center (CSC).
Evaluation: Independent external evaluation will be conducted by a National level certifying agency like NIELIT, NIOS, IGNOU, etc.
- AKSH Role as Training partner:
- A training partner shall be responsible to have or appoint the Training Centers in the identified Districts/ Blocks/ Gram Panchayats that would impart digital literacy training to the beneficiaries.
- A training partner shall be responsible for ensuring that the training centers adhere to the NDLM requirements.
- A training partner shall be accountable for monitoring the overall working of the centers that fall under its purview.
- A training partner shall be liable for accurate and timely reporting of the aforementioned work ascribed to the centers.
- Physical Infrastructure
- Minimum carpet area of 200 - 500 sq. ft.
- One class room to seat 5 - 20 students
- Located within the concerned Panchayat/Municipal boundaries
- Technical Infrastructure
- Minimum of 3-5 Operational Computers (Laptop or PC) with genuine/ licensed software
- Out of 3-5 computers, one shall be a low-end server
- All computers should have been connected on a local network
- One High Resolution Web Camera in each computer
- Reliable Internet Connectivity with minimum speed of 256 kbps
- One printer and scanner
- One Mobile Phone and Tablet
- Biometric devices prescribed by NDLM PMU in each computer
- Human Infrastructure
- Each training centre shall have a minimum of one teaching faculty, with qualifications for Level 1: The faculty should have minimum of NIELIT’s BCC or its equivalent